Registration & Networking
Keynote Address by Secretary of Finance
- General overview of the Philippines economy and economic outlook from 2022 to 2028
- The Marcos administration's comprehensive 8-point socioeconomic agenda
- Measures under the Medium-Term Fiscal Framework
- Economic legislative priorities of the Macros administration
Sovereign: Recovering in a Riskier World
The Philippines is re-emerging from the coronavirus pandemic with a new government in place. But it must also now grapple with new challenges such as inflation, rising energy prices and spill overs from the Russia-Ukraine crisis.
- Will the economy avoid a relapse into recession, given the challenging external environment?
- Can the new administration effectively restore investment momentum and fiscal discipline?
- How does the 2022 election inform institutional, governance and political risks?
Conversation with the Treasurer
- How will the Treasury meet the challenges posed by policy tightening, a weaker peso and global capital volatility?
- What is the outlook for the domestic capital market over the next six years?
- What is the future of sustainable finance for the Philippine government and private sector?
Coffee Break & Networking
Banks: Post-pandemic Recovery Amid Rising Inflation
Philippine banks are facing accelerating inflation, economic scarring from the pandemic and possible rate hikes, which could dampen recovery but will not derail it.
- What are the key areas of growth and challenges facing banks?
- How will rising inflation and rate hikes affect recovery?
- How competitive are conventional banks’ new strategies against the rise of digital banks and fintech?
- What is the impact of the Philippines’ Sustainable Finance Framework on banks’ business and strategies?
ESG Panel: First Steps Towards Net Zero
While the Philippines has yet to officially set specific net-zero goals, it has released conditional greenhouse gas reduction targets for 2020-30 and a sustainable finance framework.
- What is Moody’s assessment of Philippine companies’ and the sovereign’s ESG risks?
- What lessons can the country learn when it comes to its sustainable finance taxonomy, regional and international approach?
- How will its decarbonization goals change under the new administration?
- What is the impact of its Sustainable Finance Framework on business and strategies?
Lunch & Learn: Rating Conglomerates – A Practical Deep-Dive
Conglomerates are complex entities spanning several industries and companies, making it challenging to get a clear picture of credit quality. Join Moody’s analysts in this interactive session as they break down their approach to analyzing conglomerates with a few case studies.
- What differentiates conglomerates from investment holding companies?
- How do we unpack complex corporate structures?
- To notch or not to notch on debt issued at the parent?
- How do ESG considerations factor into the ratings?
End of Event
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform