Join us for our Quarterly Economic Briefing for the fourth quarter of 2021 on Thursday, February 17. In this webinar, Dr. Victor Calanog, Head of Commercial Real Estate Economics, and Kevin Fagan, Senior Director of CRE Economic Research, will discuss the latest trends in commercial real estate economics and performance metrics.
From US GDP growth at its strongest since 1984, to apartment rent growths that set a new 42-year high; to inflation rates that haven’t been observed since 1982, to wage growth at its highest since 2001 – the year 2021 saw activity in the economy and CRE ramping up at a furious pace.
Some key takeaways from this presentation:
- Multifamily poised to have another strong 2022, with supply growth remaining relatively muted
- Industrial vacancies dipped throughout 2021 at rates unseen in a decade, declining by anywhere from 330 to over 500 basis points by subtype
- Continuing uncertainty about the long-term future plague the office and retail sectors, but even recent historical trends show some stabilization
- Capital markets reflect the broad recovery, with a record number for CRE loan originations, and declining delinquencies across lender portfolios
- The next 1-2 years will likely be volatile, given the interplay of inflation and monetary policy, and expected increases in interest rates
- Climate preparedness and sustainability will be increasingly important for the CRE market going forward
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform