Changing State of the US Consumer Outlook
Key credit themes for the third year of the pandemic
Reshaped economies, policy shifts, new technologies, inequality, and environmental issues will be among the factors shaping consumer spending and credit performance as the US economy’s rebound is tested by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Join us for a discussion of what we expect for 2022 as the third calendar year of the pandemic progresses, including views from Moody’s Analytics on macroeconomic trends and thoughts from Moody’s Investors Service analysts on consumer credit and trends in consumer goods.
Agenda13:30 - 14:30EST
A Look at What’s Ahead for US Households, Consumer Products and Lenders as COVID-19 Lingers
We dig into how 2022 will starting to shape up and what’s ahead for consumers this year. The discussion will cover the ongoing impacts of the pandemic on economic activity, consumers’ finances, and their spending preferences, including how evolving government policies and new and emerging technologies are helping to shape the environment. Topics will include:
- How the pandemic will affect the US economy in 2022 and what might happen with fiscal and monetary policy this year
- How the pandemic’s fallout will differ from our first two years of living with COVID-19
- Challenges for consumer product firms as spending patterns evolve and high inflation in the economy affects companies and prices
- Performance and volume expectations for consumer lenders and securitizations, including the effects of a surge in car and home values, technological trends, and the slow move past unusual conditions
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
You will need a Moody's Events account to register.
This account gives you access to:
- Live events and on-demand content
- Exclusive research reports
- Personalise your interest/preferences