Join analysts from Moody's Investors Service, and experts from Moody's Analytics and Moody's ESG Solutions as we deep dive into the Canadian banking, insurance, and asset management sector. Topics of discussion include:
Registration & Networking Breakfast
Canada's Economic Outlook
Our speaker will share Moody’s Analytics baseline outlook for Canada – including the outlook for policy rates, economic growth and unemployment trends.
The panelists will explore and debate the implications of the weakening macroeconomic environment on the banking systems in Canada and the US, addressing top of mind questions including:
- The impact of the outlook for rising interest rates and higher unemployment on Canadian banks
- A comparison of Canadian and U.S. bank capital adequacy
- Liquidity trends at Canadian and U.S. banks
- Profitability trends at Canadian and U.S. banks
- State of the Canadian consumer and impacts of higher rates and a slowing economy on the banks’ residential mortgage portfolios
The panelists will explore and debate the implications of the weakening macroeconomic environment on the life and property & casualty (P&C) insurance sectors in Canada and the US, addressing top of mind questions including:
- Impact of inflation and rising interest rates on life and P&C insurers
- Future of M&A activity, considering the challenging current macroeconomic outlook.
- Implications of IFRS 17 on Moody’s credit metrics and credit profiles
- Impact of recent hurricanes and future catastrophe events, including adequacy of reserves
Assessing Impact of Climate Scenarios
Experts from Moody’s will discuss different approaches for modelling climate scenarios including macroeconomic projection and modelling impact on specific assets and liabilities.
Trends and Challenges in Integrating ESG in Investments and Underwriting
Experts from the industry and Moody’s will discuss the impact of climate change and ESG for Insurers – including ESG data challenges, regulatory requirements, investment implications and underwriting challenges.
Managing Investment Portfolios in a Volatile Risk Environment
Experts from Moody’s will discuss the challenges in Asset Allocation, Portfolio Management and Credit Risk in the current volatile risk environment. In this session we will also discuss new tools and approaches to measure risk in an integrated fashion.
Venue Name: Fairmont Royal York
Address: 100 Front St W,Toronto, ON M5J 1E3, Canada
Date: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:45 PM EST
If you have any questions about the event, please contact us: Anita Wai firstname.lastname@example.org
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform