Join leading experts from Moody's and the international community to discuss about Natural-related Financial Disclosure, sector performance amid low-carbon transition, and social impact and actions to take when combating climate change and protecting biodiversity.
Agenda14:00 - 14:08GMT
Welcome remarks14:08 - 14:35GMT
How finance can facilitate a nature-positive future
Fireside chat with Elizabeth Maruma Mrema, Executive Secretary of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity and Co-Chair of the Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures, in conversation with Rahul Ghosh.14:35 - 15:20GMT
Sector performance in a zero-carbon world
As critical carbon-intensive sectors undergo rapid transformation, there are significant and diverging impacts on transition preparedness, with implications for default risk and industrial competitiveness.
15:20 - 15:35GMT
- Which sectors and companies are best positioned for a rapid low-carbon transition?
- What is the implied temperature rise of companies’ decarbonization targets?
- How will potential default risk vary under different climate scenarios?
Understanding catastrophe risk in a changing climate
Learn how catastrophe models, used by insurers to price, manage and transfer risk for decades, are being extended and used to understand drivers of physical risk under forward looking climate change scenarios.15:35 - 16:20GMT
Just Transition: Assessing impacts and taking action to build an equitable net zero world
The net zero transition demands an industrial transformation that will radically change how economies are structured and how people will live and work.
- The extent to which workforces and communities will face extreme dislocation and disruption from the net zero transition.
- What data can support assessment of the impact on people, sectors, governments and regions most at risk?
- What action investors can take to ensure that the transition is fair and adaptation to climate change is equitable?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform