Implications of external and fiscal challenges for the public and private sector
Moody’s held a webinar on Nigeria, following the recent rating actions on the sovereign, the banks and the corporates.
Moody’s senior analysts shared their views on:
- The future credit evolution of Nigeria, with the risk that the ongoing fiscal and external deterioration accelerates, despite high international crude oil prices
- The outlook for the banking system, amid foreign currency rationing, potential devaluation in the foreign exchange rate, interlinkages between the sovereign and the banks, as well as weakening government support capacity
- The outlook for the corporate sector, with exposure to Nigeria’s environment and currency convertibility risk, while business profiles remain strong and liquidity adequate
Register to Watch.
Something went wrong.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
You will need a Moody's Events account to register.
This account gives you access to:
- Live events and on-demand content
- Exclusive research reports
- Personalise your interest/preferences