The outlook change to stable from negative reflects near term high natural gas prices balanced against ample supplies.
- Rising demand drives high natural gas and power prices but sustainability of current prices is uncertain given ample supplies
- Declining capacity prices will partially offset net energy margin gains, leaving gas-fired peaking plants most at risk
- ERCOT and CAISO remain vulnerable to reliability issues
- Continuing shift to renewables and lower carbon emissions represents a longer term risk to existing fossil generation
Register to Watch.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform