Japan’s economic outlook has improved, but risks remain. Virus spikes kept GDP below pre-pandemic levels in 2021. However, the combination of supportive policy, high vaccination coverage, and the gradual unclogging of supply chains should see the economy recover lost ground in 2022. We expect that fresh outbreaks or supply snags are more likely to cause the economy to stumble than trip.
Join Moody’s Analytics Senior Economist Dr. Stefan Angrick based in Japan and Chief APAC Economists Dr. Steve Cochrane as they discussed the outlook for the Japanese economy.
* This webinar was conducted in English and simultaneous interpretation was available in Japanese.
- What to expect for Japan’s economy in 2022
- COVID-19 impact and recovery
- Supply chain disruptions and trade
- Outlook for inflation, exchange rate and policy
- Regional and global outlook
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform