Join us as we examine the nature of persistent bottlenecks across transportation networks, the credit impacts on retailers from the environment and their responses to changing consumer predilections, and just how transitory higher inflation in prices and wages will be.
Agenda13:00 - 14:00EST
From Shipping Snarls to the Service-Spending Revival: Why Retail’s Outsized Growth Will Slow
We discuss the US retail sector’s outlook, shipping and other transportation sectors, and the macroeconomic impact amid consumer demand normalization, supply chain disruptions and rising costs. Topics will include inflation in prices and wages, transportation bottlenecks, and retailers’ responses to the changing environment and consumer preferences.
- What logistical roadblocks in shipping, containers and other transportation have emerged, and which will endure into next year?
- How will an evolving economy and changing consumer preferences, including spending on services taking an increasing share of wallet from purchased goods, affect what’s ahead?
- How will price elasticity, wages and margins change as the supply chain disruptions begin to dissipate or mutate?
- How might conditions during a resurgence of the pandemic differ from past waves?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform