Banking In Focus
Providing connections to the global banking community
CreditLens User Forum
Join us for this user forum to learn how your peers are leveraging the CreditLens™ solution to overcome challenges in the origination and decisioning process and throughout the credit lifecycle.
Lending in Spotlight
The Next Generation of Portfolio Management Solutions
What keeps portfolio managers up at night?
What are the current challenges of the portfolio management specialist?
South Africa Webinar Series: Weathering the Storm: Managing Liquidity, Interest Rate and Credit Risk through Integrated Balance Sheet Management in Times of COVID-19
In this webinar, we show how an integrated balance sheet management solution can be leveraged to allow better alignment for the management of liquidity risk, interest rate risk, and credit risk; thereby breaking down the silos that traditionally exist in these risk disciplines.
South Africa Webinar Series: Collaborative Credit Decisioning and Early Warning Capabilities
In this webinar, we will discuss Moody’s Analytics' automated capabilities to: - Speedily access financial spreading data - Interpret PDFs - Analyse data within a SaaS deployed collaborative framework.
We will explore reporting capabilities and conclude by discussing how to stay on top of your counterparty and portfolio risk, by leveraging our monitoring and early warning system.
Moody's Analytics and KBA East Africa Webinar Series: Risk Based Loan Pricing
Kenya’s parliament agreed last year to remove an interest rate limit that was introduced in 2016 to curb high borrowing costs. The policy is expected to benefit local banks although there are concerns about a return to excessive borrowing costs. It is also expected that the move will attract more competition in the lending space among banks and other lenders going forward.
In this webinar, we will discuss:
- The current pricing framework adopted by Financial Institutions in Kenya
- The best practices in Risk Based Loan Pricing
- How has IFRS 9 and recent COVID-19 crisis impact the loan pricing methods
- Example of a loan pricing model practical application
Classification and Stage Allocation of Financial Instruments Under IFRS 9
IFRS Standard 9 has introduced a new classification of financial instruments which determines their measurement method.
In this webinar, we will discuss and answer questions such as:
- How can the entities determine the classification of financial instruments based on the business model for managing the financial assets and the contractual cash flow characteristics?
- What are the factors that determine the significant increase in credit risk for allocating instruments to stage 2?
- Definition of default and Stage 3 instruments
- Challenges in the current environment in determining the significant increase in credit risk
South Africa Webinar Series: Credit Assessment, Loss Forecasting and Pandemic Pathways
In this session we explore analytics and data that assess the current-state of credit portfolios, considering loss, downgrade risk, as well as that consider severity and length of this unprecedented economic slowdown across industries and countries.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform