Banking In Focus
Providing connections to the global banking community
West Africa Series
Implications of ECL and advantages of automated IFRS 9 computation
La Mise en Place de la Norme IFRS 9
Moody's Analytics and KBA East Africa Webinar Series: Risk Based Loan Pricing
Kenya’s parliament agreed last year to remove an interest rate limit that was introduced in 2016 to curb high borrowing costs. The policy is expected to benefit local banks although there are concerns about a return to excessive borrowing costs. It is also expected that the move will attract more competition in the lending space among banks and other lenders going forward.
In this webinar, we will discuss:
- The current pricing framework adopted by Financial Institutions in Kenya
- The best practices in Risk Based Loan Pricing
- How has IFRS 9 and recent COVID-19 crisis impact the loan pricing methods
- Example of a loan pricing model practical application
Classification and Stage Allocation of Financial Instruments Under IFRS 9
IFRS Standard 9 has introduced a new classification of financial instruments which determines their measurement method.
In this webinar, we will discuss and answer questions such as:
- How can the entities determine the classification of financial instruments based on the business model for managing the financial assets and the contractual cash flow characteristics?
- What are the factors that determine the significant increase in credit risk for allocating instruments to stage 2?
- Definition of default and Stage 3 instruments
- Challenges in the current environment in determining the significant increase in credit risk
South Africa Webinar Series: Credit Assessment, Loss Forecasting and Pandemic Pathways
In this session we explore analytics and data that assess the current-state of credit portfolios, considering loss, downgrade risk, as well as that consider severity and length of this unprecedented economic slowdown across industries and countries.
Moody's Analytics and RIMAN West Africa Webinar Series: Capital Adequacy Challenges for West African Banks Post COVID-19
Banks around the world are facing a significant weakening in loan quality as the coronavirus pandemic weighs on the economy.
In this webinar we will discuss:
- How banks can forecast expected credit losses under various economic scenarios taking into account the downside risks on oil price
- How can their internal ratings be adjusted in order to incorporate the impact of the current situation and future pathways
- How can data and analytics be leveraged for better decision-making at all levels
Embedding Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Stress Testing into Your Organisation
Topics in this session include:
- Designing forward-looking behavioural models for managing liquidity and interest rate risk in the banking book
- Building real-world scenarios with interest rate and liquidity shocks
- Case studies to forecast customer behavior such as loan prepayment and deposit withdrawals
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform