Banking In Focus
Providing connections to the global banking community
CreditLens User Forum
Join us for this user forum to learn how your peers are leveraging the CreditLens™ solution to overcome challenges in the origination and decisioning process and throughout the credit lifecycle.
Lending in Spotlight
The Next Generation of Portfolio Management Solutions
What keeps portfolio managers up at night?
What are the current challenges of the portfolio management specialist?
Moody's Analytics and RIMAN West Africa Webinar Series: Capital Adequacy Challenges for West African Banks Post COVID-19
Banks around the world are facing a significant weakening in loan quality as the coronavirus pandemic weighs on the economy.
In this webinar we will discuss:
- How banks can forecast expected credit losses under various economic scenarios taking into account the downside risks on oil price
- How can their internal ratings be adjusted in order to incorporate the impact of the current situation and future pathways
- How can data and analytics be leveraged for better decision-making at all levels
Embedding Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Stress Testing into Your Organisation
Topics in this session include:
- Designing forward-looking behavioural models for managing liquidity and interest rate risk in the banking book
- Building real-world scenarios with interest rate and liquidity shocks
- Case studies to forecast customer behavior such as loan prepayment and deposit withdrawals
Moody's Analytics and RIMAN West Africa Webinar Series: Navigating Credit rRsk and Expected Losses Beyond COVID-19
Many institutions recognize that credit models built in the pre-COVID-19 period are not performing sufficiently to evaluate the current environment. Credit loss forecasting methods such as those used for IFRS 9 provisions may not differentiate borrowers across industries. To add to the complexity, institutions are guided by regulators to incorporate protective measures put in place by the governments in response to COVID – 19.
In this webinar we will address these challenges and how financial institutions can address these by:
- Introducing practical adjustments which can be incorporated into internal ratings and credit assessments to increase their predictive power
- Accounting for the granular and cross-sectional impacts of COVID-19 across corporate segments
- Exploring overlays to quantify the direct and indirect effects of COVID-19–related stimulus programs targeted to individuals
IFRS 9 Challenges in View of COVID-19: Impact on Provisions and Associated Regulatory Guidance
In this webinar, we explore the implications of the deterioration in the financial markets and wider economy on the provisions of banks reporting under IFRS 9. We also evaluate the guidance from regulators and legislators to the banks and how these may provide assistance as well as challenges to appropriate provisioning for credit risks.
Help Your Producers Seize Opportunities In The 2020 Ag Commodity Markets
Join Doug Johnson from Moody’s Analytics and Ag News Daily co-host Mike Pearson of the Zaner Group as they share thoughts on what producers and ag lenders must do to ensure sustainability as the ag industry faces continued commodity market challenges.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform