The global economy is skirting dangerously close to recession while tighter monetary settings and elevated inflation continue to have an impact. The Asia-Pacific region isn't immune to these challenges and has unique differences.
For example, China's post-pandemic reopening is providing a vital lift to domestic demand and opportunities for the region, but there is weakness beneath the euphoria. The positive spillovers from China's reopening will not compensate for the emerging weakness in merchandise exports from weaker conditions in the U.S. and Europe.
Join us for this in-depth discussion with our industry experts.
- Economies across Asia-Pacific are facing a diverse set of challenges and opportunities amid a slowing global economy.
- Merchandise exports have had their moment in the sun and are now in a downswing. Service exports will gather steam into 2024.
- Domestic demand will continue to support the region’s economy, but the effect will fade later this year.
* We will conduct this webinar in English, and provide simultaneous interpretation in Chinese and Japanese.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
You will need a Moody's Events account to register.
This account gives you access to:
- Live events and on-demand content
- Exclusive research reports
- Personalise your interest/preferences