CIO Summit - LatAm Edition
LatAm issuers: credit quality to be tested by inflation, social strain and global risks
Agenda09:00 - 09:05EST
Welcome remarks09:05 - 09:25EST09:25 - 09:35EST
Latam Sovereign Outlook: Credit Risks and Policy Implications of Social Challenges
Our outlook for Latin American (LatAm) and Caribbean sovereign creditworthiness as the region faces sluggish economic growth, higher borrowing costs and a backdrop of a persistent increase in the cost of living and increased social demands that will lead to difficult policy choices. Already stretched fiscal balance sheets will face challenging policy tradeoffs that will likely favor social spending, leaving little fiscal space for public investment including expenditures on cleaner technologies, sidelining environmental concerns.09:35 - 10:15EST
What to Expect from the Credit Markets in 2023?
- High inflation, lower growth, political uncertainties: which is the biggest risk for LatAm issuers?
- Winners and losers: examining sector performance
- Investment strategies: how to handle market volatility?
- Incorporating climate risk in asset allocation decisions
Register to Watch.
Something went wrong.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
You will need a Moody's Events account to register.
This account gives you access to:
- Live events and on-demand content
- Exclusive research reports
- Personalise your interest/preferences