New shock, new trends: Are sovereigns braced for a new reality?
The global ripple effect of the Russia-Ukraine conflict is resulting in volatile recovery across nations, and as yet another indication that resetting trends are on the rise.
Will the deterioration of growth prospects coupled with rising inflation and tightening financial conditions possibly bring about a global recession? If so, how will nations fair?
Hear from leading market players and credit experts on the pursuit of globalization and the implications for sovereigns’ economic strength, external position and policy effectiveness.
Agenda14:30 - 14:35SGT
Welcome remarks14:35 - 15:20SGT
Treading water – will credit quality remain stable amid difficult cross currents
The APAC region is poised to be resilient as inflation pressures ease and growth stabilizes. At the same time, weaker global growth and higher global rates will dampen any recovery. Will sovereign credit profiles remain resilient in the face of higher sovereign debt loads and weaker debt affordability? Geopolitics adds uncertainty to the region.
15:20 - 16:05SGT
- What is the outlook for Asian inflation and interest rates, with global central bank tightening?
- How will China’s challenges from COVID and the property downturn impact the rest of Asia?
- How will geopolitics affect the economic landscape?
The global view - Unique crisis or temporary setback?
Yet again, the global economy is in the midst of a turbulent phase. Will rate hikes end up squeezing demand and triggering stagflation? Will this too pass or will it mark the start of a crisis that leaves long-lasting scars?
16:05 - 16:10SGT
- The Global view – Is the world economy heading for a gradual slowdown or another crisis?
- Global risks - Is stagflation in Europe a tail risk or reality?
- China – Can the property market correction be contained, or is it the start of the country’s “Japan-ification”?
- APAC – What bright spots as the region copes with a strong dollar, deglobalisation, China’s slowdown?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
You will need a Moody's Events account to register.
This account gives you access to:
- Live events and on-demand content
- Exclusive research reports
- Personalise your interest/preferences