Moody’s has downgraded Turkiye’s rating to B3 from B2 previously, and changed the outlook to stable from negative. This action was prompted by heightened macroeconomic risks following very high and still increasing inflation numbers in the first half of 2022, and comes against the backdrop of a much more challenging external environment given an expected economic slowdown in key trading partners and tighter global financing conditions.
- What are the key drivers of the downgrade?
- With energy prices surging what is the outlook for Turkiye’s current account and external financing options?
- What are Moody’s expectations for economic growth, given the economic slowdown and likely recession in Europe?
- How is the government’s fiscal position evolving?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform