Key focus areas
- INFLATION: Navigating higher inflation, tighter monetary policy and debt affordability
- CAPITAL: Rethinking capital frameworks and shifting balance sheets
- NET ZERO: Reaching sustainability targets amidst evolving regulatory guidance
Registration & networking
Navigating higher inflation, tighter monetary policy and debt affordability
- How does Moody's expect the macro environment to evolve?
- What are the key downside risks to watch-out for?
- Will asset quality deteriorate in the early stages of monetary policy tightening?
- Can businesses and households ride out the inflationary shock and higher interest rates?
Do European banks finally have enough capital to protect themselves from coming shocks?
- Has ‘Basel III’ delivered a globally consistent capital framework that works?
- Why didn’t banks dip into their capital buffers? Is stigma the inevitable result of market discipline?
- Would a simpler framework be optimal, or is stability better than yet more change?
- How will the final implementation of Basel III reforms impact European banks more than global peers?
- Will the relaxation of capital requirements to get European banks to deliver societal goals be successful?
Break & networking
Reaching sustainability targets amidst evolving regulatory guidance
- What needs to happen to ensure comparable disclosures?
- How will UK climate stress tests unfold?
- How will banks avoid stranded assets transitioning to net-zero?
- Will banks go on reducing oil and gas exposures amid Europe's energy crisis?
Light lunch & networking
End of event
Venue Name: Banking Hall
Address: 14 Cornhill, London EC3V 3ND
Date: October 11, 2022
Time: 08:30 – 12:15 BST
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform