ASEAN and Indian banks
How resilient are they against the new coronavirus wave?
Asset risks for banks will rise in most parts of ASEAN and India as the region battles new waves of coronavirus infections amid low vaccination rates. Strict containment measures to curb the resurgence will impede economic recovery and erode borrowers' ability to pay their debts. Which banking systems will be most at risk? Are there bright spots in the region?
Agenda16:30 - 17:00HKT
• What is the impact of the pandemic resurgence on ASEAN and Indian banks?
• Are banks’ capital and provisions sufficient to withstand rising asset risks?
• Has the pandemic dampened ASEAN and Indian banks’ long-term growth prospects?17:00 - 17:30HKT
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
You will need a Moody's Events account to register.
This account gives you access to:
- Live events and on-demand content
- Exclusive research reports
- Personalise your interest/preferences