Agenda10:00 - 10:05CEST
Welcome Address10:05 - 10:25CEST
Sovereigns’ strong economic rebound and gradual fiscal consolidation support credit profiles
10:25 - 10:45CEST
- Strong rebound of growth in 2021 and robust outlook for 2022, supported by EU funds
- Improving fiscal and debt trends for most from 2022 onwards
- Gradual monetary policy normalization poses limited risks
- Long-standing structural challenges, mainly from demographics, remain
CEE banks’ pandemic resiliency, despite the low-rate environment and legal risks facing Polish banks
10:45 - 11:05CEST
- CEE banks will maintain strong balance sheets with limited pressure on asset quality
- Profitability will remain hindered by the low-rate environment
- Polish banks face significant legal risks
- Regulatory requirements to increase market funding by issuing bail-in-able debt
Carbon transition risk in the energy and refining sectors
11:05 - 11:25CEST
- In Europe, CEE utilities are most exposed to carbon transition risk today due to high saturation of coal and lignite
- Supportive policy stance mitigates carbon exposure risk for power producers
- Fuel demand is expected to flatten out slower than in Western Europe
- Strong investments in petrochemicals will support growth
- Major renewable investments of PKN Orlen will help partially mitigate carbon transition risk
Enhancements in legal frameworks following implementation of the EU covered bond directive
11:25 - 11:55CEST
- Covered bonds have strong growth potential, though issuance is expected to remain weak in the short-term
- Positive rating actions despite pandemic
- The transposition of EU covered bond directive into national law is expected to have a positive impact
Panel: Key ESG issues in Poland and the CEE region
11:55 - 12:00CEST
- How does Poland’s sovereign ESG profile compare to the region?
- How do the ESG initiatives between CEE banks and central banks differ?
- What do the EU’s targets for greener buildings mean for covered bond collateral?
- Energy transition in Poland – more state, less carbon?
- What role is PKN Orlen playing in the Polish energy agenda for renewables?
Register to Watch.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform