West Africa Series
Basel III: Fundamentals and Challenges
More than a decade on, what do we understand as Basel III fundamentals? What are some of the lessons learnt?
The Basel III accord is a set of financial reforms that was developed by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS). The aim was to strengthen regulation, supervision, and risk management within the banking industry. Due to the impact of the 2008 global financial crisis on banks, Basel III was introduced to improve the banks’ ability to handle shocks from financial stress and to strengthen their transparency and disclosure.
Join our experts to hear:
- Industry and regulatory trends
- Capital regulation - Basel II, III, IV - past, present and the future
- Basel III - lessons learned and next steps
- Improving risk management through leverage in the Basel III investment
Register to Watch.
Something went wrong.
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
You will need a Moody's Events account to register.
This account gives you access to:
- Live events and on-demand content
- Exclusive research reports
- Personalise your interest/preferences