We are delighted to be hosting this event in-person again this year. Join Moody's leading subject matter experts to discuss key trends and developments impacting markets across Central Europe. Hear our outlooks and get your questions answered during interactive sessions and interviews with industry leaders.
Agenda08:15 - 09:00CEST
Registration and Welcome Coffee09:00 - 09:10CEST
Opening Remarks09:10 - 09:40CEST
Keynote Presentation09:40 - 10:10CEST
Czech Republic: The credit impact of the Russia-Ukraine military conflict and the challenge of restoring fiscal space
10:10 - 10:30CEST
- What are the key impacts the Russia-Ukraine military conflict is having on the Czech Republic’s credit profile?
- How long will high inflationary pressures last and when will the tightening cycle of monetary policy peak?
- What will be the key factors driving the Czech Republic’s rating trajectory in the near and medium-to-long term?
Czech Regional and Local Governments: Continuous stability despite elevated risks from Russia-Ukraine conflict and rising inflation pressures
10:30 - 11:00CEST
- To what extent are the Czech RLGs exposed to Russia-Ukraine military conflict?
- What will be the key factors withstanding the rising inflationary pressures?
- How strong are the debt-affordability and shock-absorption capacity of Czech RLGs?
Networking and Coffee Break11:00 - 11:40CEST
CEE banks’ key challenges in an inflationary and overall weaker macroeconomic environment
11:40 - 12:10CEST
- How do geopolitics change the credit landscape for CEE banks?
- Monetary policy shifts – will drawbacks outweigh benefits?
- How do CEE banks progress in meeting Resolution Capital Requirements (MREL) less than 2 years ahead of final regulatory deadline?
How are corporates positioned to weather inflationary pressures and rising interest rates?
12:10 - 12:40CEST
- How has gas price volatility affected power prices?
- What inflationary pressures affect corporates? Can corporates pass on price increases?
- Will the electricity bills of end-customers inexorably rise?
- Are CEE economies able to insulate themselves against high electricity prices elsewhere in Europe?
- Will utilities in CEE be materially affected by the Russia-Ukraine crisis?
- Will interest rate rises contribute to higher default rates over the next two years?
Covered Bonds Deep Dive
Vulnerability to inflation is limited but Russia-Ukraine military conflict raises risks
12:40 - 12:55CEST
- The three key credit drivers for covered bonds
- How will Czech mortgage cover pools be affected by inflation and rising interest rates?
Closing Remarks12:55 - 14:00CEST
Lunch and Networking
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform