We are delighted to be hosting this event in-person again this year. Join Moody's leading subject matter experts to discuss key trends and developments impacting markets across Central Europe. Hear our outlooks and get your questions answered during interactive sessions and interviews with industry leaders.
Agenda08:30 - 09:00CEST
Registration and Welcome Coffee09:00 - 09:10CEST
Opening Remarks09:10 - 09:40CEST
Keynote Presentation09:40 - 10:10CEST
Czech Republic: The credit impact of the Russia-Ukraine military conflict and the challenge of restoring fiscal space
10:10 - 10:30CEST
- What are the key impacts the Russia-Ukraine military conflict is having on the Czech Republic’s credit profile?
- How long will high inflationary pressures last and when will the tightening cycle of monetary policy peak?
- What will be the key factors driving the Czech Republic’s rating trajectory in the near and medium-to-long term?
Networking and Coffee Break10:30 - 10:50CEST
Czech Regional and Local Governments: Steady tax revenue growth and strong shock-absorption capacity support the stable outlook
10:50 - 11:30CEST
- What will drive the sustained robust operating balances?
- How does self-financing capacity and liquidity levels support deleveraging?
- How does the Regional and Local Governments’ debt affordability influence their credit profiles?
CEE banks’ key challenges in an inflationary and overall weaker macroeconomic environment
11:30 - 12:00CEST
- How do geopolitics change the credit landscape for CEE banks?
- Monetary policy shifts – will drawbacks outweigh benefits?
- How do CEE banks progress in meeting Resolution Capital Requirements (MREL) less than 2 years ahead of final regulatory deadline?
Networking and Coffee Break12:00 - 12:15CEST
Corporates Discussion - Part One
How supply chain disruptions and cost inflation impact the recovery of corporates
12:15 - 12:30CEST
- How do supply chain disruptions and labour shortages impact the pace of recovery of corporates in a post-pandemic environment?
- To what extent will inflation in input costs impact corporates’ margins?
Corporates Discussion - Part Two
High power prices in Europe: A blessing or a curse for utilities in CEE?
12:30 - 13:00CEST
- Will the electricity bills of end-customers inexorably rise?
- Are CEE economies able to insulate themselves against high electricity prices elsewhere in Europe?
- Will utilities in CEE be materially affected by the Russia-Ukraine crisis?
Covered Bonds Deep Dive
Covered bonds, strong assets and new rules will support credit quality
13:00 - 13:15CEST
- How will mortgage cover pools be affected by inflation and rising interest rates?
- Update on the implementation of the EU covered bond directive
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close
CREATE MOODY’S LIVE ACCOUNT
This hub gives you access to:
- MOODY'S EVENTS - Live and on-demand
- Personalise your interest preferences
- All on a single platform